blork.org | blork blog | MMPB | Street Scene
Human name: Ed Hawco
Born: Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Era: 70's teenager, 80's young adult, 90's teenager, millennial geezer.
Schoolin': Sydney Academy High School, Cape Breton University, St. Francis Xavier University, Concordia University.
Result: Desk job.
Born in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, I grew up under the orange haze of the Sydney steel plant's belching smokestacks. I moved to Antigonish, Nova Scotia to get a degree at St.F.X. University and never looked back. Moved on briefly to Halifax, then to Montreal, where I remain. Actually, I moved out of Montreal in 2003 after 15 years of saying "I will live in the city or I will live in the country but I will never live in the suburbs" I bought a house with herself and moved to the suburb of Longueuil.
Things I Do For Money
- Technical writing (software user guides, etc.)
- Technology Marketing writing (white papers, editorials, brochures, annual reports, etc.)
Things I Do For Enjoyment (and Occasionally Money)
- Photography (editorial, travel, narrative, etc.)
- Writing (blog, travel, creative nonfiction, etc.)
Things I Do For Love
- Spend my days and nights with this woman.
- Watch movies
Things I Never Do
Some Things I Like to Cook and Eat
- Traditional Italian pasta dishes, such as bucatini alla matriciana
- Thin-crust pizza
- Grilled steaks (particularly flank steaks ["bavette"] and strip loin)
- Lemon-pepper linguini with scampis
- Osso bucco
Some Things I Like to Drink
- Quality beers and ales
- Wine (partial to new-world shiraz/syrah; old-world regionals like Piemonte gaja, Tuscan sangiovese, Spanish tempranillo); un-oaked chardonnay; sauvignon blanc; Italian prosecco, and whatever that is you're pouring right now.
- Campari & soda
- Properly-made espresso
- French press coffee
- Japanese green tea and Chinese Pu-erh tea
- Cool, clear water
blork [at] blork [dot] org