Yes, I hate the term “new classic” too, but what the heck. This pizza is destined to become a classic, chez nous.
It is composed of (in order, from bottom to top):
- Standard Blork San Marzano pizza sauce
- A dusting of dried oregano
- A respectable portion of conventional grated full-fat mozzarella cheese
- Baby spinach sautéed with a clove of garlic
- Crimini mushrooms, sautéed.
- A sprinkle of grated aged asiago cheese — applied after the pizza came out of the oven.
The only thing missing is a name. Any suggestions as to what I should call this glorious pie?
Update: here’s a video of me flipping the dough that I used for this pizza: